Ghee is a staple food in every Indian household and is used as a primary ingredient in cooking. Ghee is recommended for everyone, from children to pregnant women, because it promotes bone density, aids in body growth and development, and does not lower good cholesterol levels.
Ghee is made from cow by choice. The purest type of Desi Cow Ghee, however, is A2 Ghee, which can only be produced using pure A2 milk (A2 Cow milk) from cows originating in India, also known as Desi Cows. Let's take a closer look at A2 ghee and how it's a healthier alternative.
WHAT IS A2 GHEE?
A1 beta-casein protein and A2 beta-casein protein are both found in cow milk. However, recent research has shown that A2 protein is healthier than A1 protein. It is thought that Desi cow milk contains more A2 protein. While the benefits of Desi cow milk and ghee have long been recognised in India, A2 milk was first popularised in Australia, New Zealand, China, the United States, and the United Kingdom by the A2 Milk Company, which claimed that the A1 protein found in cow's milk is harmful. However, according to a review conducted by the European Food Safety Authority, bioactive peptides in milk containing both A1 and A2 proteins had no negative impact on health.
WHAT IS BILONA METHOD?
Ghee (bilona) is traditionally made in a complicated manner. Boiling and cooling cow's milk the milk is then mixed with a tablespoon of curd and left at room temperature overnight. The curd is subsequently churned in order to extract butter. The water in the butter is then evaporated, leaving just pure ghee remained.
Preparation of A2 ghee
A2 ghee is made by culturing and fermenting 50 litres of A2 milk into curd, which is a laborious but successful procedure. Butter is then made by hand-churning the curd with a wooden churner. The "Bilona procedure" is the name for this method. The A2 ghee is then made by shimmering and heating the butter in a heavy-bottomed kettle with cow dung cake.
The Advantages of A2 Ghee
- Helps in digestion: One of the primary advantages of A2 ghee is that it strengthens and improves the digestive system. Because of the shorter fatty acid chain, A2 ghee is easier to absorb and aids in the secretion of certain enzymes. People with weakened digestive systems should consume A2 ghee to facilitate and improve food digestion. A spoon of A2 ghee mixed with lukewarm water once a day can even clear your bowels and cure constipation.
- Nourishes your body: A2 ghee is extremely beneficial to children. It nourishes their bodies, resulting in the healthy development and strengthening of your children's bones, brain, muscles, teeth, and so on. It also provides instant energy.
- Weight management: Whether you want to gain or lose weight, A2 ghee can help. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) in A2 ghee can boost metabolic rate and aid in weight loss and stomach fat reduction.
- Increases bone density: Consuming A2 ghee can increase bone density, thereby increasing overall body mass. A2 ghee prevents fat from accumulating in the body.
- Helps in bone development: A2 ghee promotes bone development by increasing bone strength and stamina. Regular consumption of A2 ghee can aid in the proper functioning of the sensory organs. It also aids in the development of wisdom, memory, and intellect.
- Reduces bladder pain: A spoonful of A2 ghee every morning can help relieve bladder pain. Chronic fever can be treated with A2 ghee and garlic cloves.
- Maintains eye health: A mixture of flour paste and A2 ghee can be applied around the eyes to improve vision.
- Protects the arteries: Vitamin K2 in A2 ghee can reduce calcium deposition in the arteries. Protected arteries can improve heart function and raise good blood cholesterol levels.
- Heals wounds: A2 ghee can also aid in the treatment of external wounds, allowing for a faster recovery.
- Promotes a healthy pregnancy: Consuming A2 ghee during pregnancy can nourish the body and provide natural vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids to women for the baby's healthy growth and development.