Here's how you can make Modak.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Vashishti A2 Cow Ghee
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup jaggery or sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- A few saffron strands (optional)
- Ghee for greasing the moulds
- In a deep pan, bring water to a boil and add salt and Vashishti A2 Cow Ghee. Reduce the heat and gradually add rice flour, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the dough comes together and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- In another pan, heat grated coconut and jaggery or sugar on medium heat, stirring continuously until the mixture becomes thick and sticky. Add cardamom powder and saffron strands (if using) and mix well. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Grease the modak moulds with ghee and fill the moulds with the rice flour dough, leaving some space for the filling. Place a small amount of the filling in the centre of each mould and press it gently.
- Cover the filling with more rice flour dough and press the edges to seal the modak. Gently remove the modak from the mould and repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
- Place the modak in a steamer and steam for 10-15 minutes until cooked. Serve hot with Vashishti A2 Cow Ghee.
Modaks are made using Vasishti A2 Cow Ghee
Benefits of Vasishti A2 Cow Ghee
Vashishti A2 Cow Ghee.has a potent mix of proteins, vitamins and minerals and its A2 beta casein protein breaks down easily for better digestion and immunity. It is rich in good fats and antioxidants making it just the right choice for your family’s health.
Purchase link- https://vashishti.com/products/a2-ghee-from-desi-cow