Kaju Katli is a popular Indian sweet made from cashew nuts. It's a delicious and rich treat that's perfect for festivals and special occasions. Here's an easy recipe to make Kaju Katli at home this Diwali.
1. 1 cup Vashishti whole cashew nuts
2. 1/2 cup sugar
3. 1/4 cup water
4. 1-2 tablespoons Vashishti A2 cow ghee (clarified butter) for greasing
Step 1: Make Cashew Powder
1. Grind 1 cup of Vashishti cashew nuts in a blender until they turn into a fine powder, resembling breadcrumbs. Avoid over-grinding.
Step 2: Prepare Sugar Syrup
1. In a non-stick pan, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and 1-2 tablespoons of Vashishti A2 cow ghee.
2. Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, and the syrup reaches a one-string consistency. (Test by taking a drop between your fingers; it should form a single thread.)
Step 3: Combine, Shape, and Cool
1. Add the cashew powder to the sugar syrup and ghee mixture, and mix well.
2. Transfer the mixture to a ghee-greased surface or parchment paper.
3. Knead it into a smooth dough while still warm.
4. Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and cut it into diamond or square shapes.
5. Allow it to cool completely before serving.
Your Kaju Katli is now ready to enjoy!